Monday, September 05, 2005

Where did summer go? Vol. II

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Man, how time flies. I can't believe how fast the sun seems to set nowadays. Too fast.

WAY. TOO. FAST.

We were fortunate to have good times with great family and friends. And can you tell that I love the water? (Well, at least when I can touch bottom, anyways.) So, let's go for a trip around my world, so to speak. Starting at 11, you've got a young Nephew finishing up a little project I'll call Fiefdom of Dreams because if you build it, "They" will come. They always do, the li'l rascals; every fiefdom dies a quick death underneath Keds, sandals and water shoes. With valor. The 1:00 cherub smashing another fortress (with glee, I might add) is a friend's daughter.

3:00 siesta is occupied by another friend, my great college buddy. He's a 'sangineer' (sand castle engineer) and built the 1:00 fortress. He knows more techniques than anyone should; if he had the time I think he'd love to enter one of those sand sculpting contests coming to a beach near you. At the bottom of the hour is the deck that was my 'Summer Project' which began on Father's Day weekend. THAT was fun. (Did I mention that this was the hottest summer in at least 5 years?) After opening weekend, it was an after work project interrupted by our summer trip Up North, some golf, and a few business trips too. Drilling and screwing each board down was a thrilling monotony of indescribable proportions. It's not perfect, but it's finished- at least until I put some skirting around it to keep varmints (real or otherwise) from under it.

8:30 has Daughter and 1/2Twin sampling some 'fruits of the fire'. S'mores are great, aren't they? Finally, at 10:30 I just HAD to let a sunset into the fray, if for nothing more than the symbolism of the passing season.

Thanks for touring with me. Now, tell me about your favorite memories from this summer!

8 comments:

Webmiztris said...

mmmmm, I wish I had a hot tub on MY back deck!!

teri said...

Thanks for the memories... I had many trips to the country ant loved every minute of it. I went Fishing and hiking. There were long walks and different types of biking. But what I truly enjoyed was setting by the river and feeling totally calm...

Good-bye summer...

Jim said...

Dawn, just DO it! Worth ev'ry penny.

Teri- Thanks for gettin' it. Isn't it great what water can do for ya? Sitting along the shore or river bank, you can lose yourself in all that noise. Who'da thunk noise could be so relaxing.

Peace all-

eyes_only4him said...

hey Jim,
thanks for stopping by to see me..

and summer went so fast, i can not even belive that..way 2 fast..we need to get our snow shovles out now..we may need them at anytime.

and your a fella Michigander..so you must be cool beans...

btw , i lived in the thumb of Michigan..near lake huron..born and rasied my whole life..what part r u at??

CozyMama said...

Great video 1st of all! My favorite memory just happened this past weekend. We just moved to Mission Beach in San Diego and it was our 1st weekend not involving moving! It was great getting up at 7am and running down to the water to watch the surfers in the fog.

Jim said...

Jodes, Jay. Jay, Jodes.

Uma. . . .

MI's loss is CA's gain. Now promise not to make MI's problem of being a donor state any worse, K?

Erin M said...

WAHHHH! I want a deck! The hubster is busy, so could you swing by and start working on it for us. The hot tub is optional

Jaime said...

You mean summer is over?? Usually I would spout off an entire list of things I love but the thing I love most about this summer is that IT'S OVER!! :) It was SO HOT! I have definitely welcomed my no-longer-90-degree office these days.
GREAT JOB on the deck!!! :)