Monday, June 06, 2005

NERDS!!

I am nerdier than 19% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

Whew! Was I sweating that one out. I've been referred to as a book of worthless trivia, so you can imagine how worried I was over this personality identifier.

I think I should feel good about this, but then I'm conflicted. You see, the connotation is that nerds know many things, most of them not cool things. On the other hand, the beautiful people know many things also. Things like what time 'The Simple Life' is on, and which one is Nicole Richie. One of the guys I work with is your atypical Leisure Suit Larry, for he's pretty cool, but he's a total lech. (He's Man Dibbles from a previous entry.) Today Man Dibbles calls me from his desk, and in a low voice he asks me how to spell a word. Now, I must admit, this word is difficult; for it is used at least three different ways, but pronounced and spelled the same way in all three cases. (What is that? A homonym? Geez, I just Googled 'homonym' and I'm right. Of all the luck, NERD!)

What was the word, you ask? Brace yourself- the magical yet difficult word was:


stool.


I can hear the muted trombones, screeching tires and record needles being dragged as you are reading this, fellow blogger. So let me get this right: Simple Life air times=cool, spell 'stool'=not cool. I'm not nerdy, but I might just be a fool.

No comments: