Monday, June 13, 2005

Crazy

Things are getting busy already this summer, but who am I to complain? It just means that I'm a bit tardy in posting.

I had an opportunity to reflect on a rather crazy thing I did once, which of course led me to think of a few more. One was speeding down the highway in a '79 T-bird (the one with the super long nose and vacuum powered headlight covers) but I was using the left shoulder as my own lane. This happened to be on I-94 where the only thing separating East & West was the good ol' concrete barrier, so I was squeezing that T-bird between cars using the proper lane and the concrete wall at 90-100mph. Pretty stoopid.

Stoopidity #2 was for my Senior Prom, and also involved speeding on I-94. (A troubling pattern seems to be forming here.) On this occasion I was driving back to my hometown in a hot new Mazda RX-7 Limited Edition that my brother had purchased just weeks before. The fool loaned it to me for my prom night! Well, the Limited Edition had a souped up engine, and I decided to let the ponies run. In broad daylight. Oh, and it was raining too. Let me just say that at about 140mph the bullet-shaped nose of the RX-7 started to lift quite noticeably.

Speeding (again!) down a country road at night in heavy fog. That was fun zipping into and out of the clouds, watching them flow over the hood of the car and zip up over the windshield. (And this was BEFORE drugs!) Reality came in the form of a large dairy cow standing watch at the edge of the road. Moooooooooo!

Although I'm not a member of the Mile High club, I did make love to a beautiful girl just off the taxi-way at a local airport. This was back when you could just drive your car up to the hangars, which of course meant that you could drive your car anywhere on the airport property you wanted, so we found a nice quiet spot, and yada-yada-yada..... I'm thinking that 9/11 has probably changed that 'access' to the taxiway.

So- What are some of the crazy things you've done? Do you regret any of them?

No comments: