Sunday, June 26, 2005

Liar, liar, pants on fire

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Okay, I lied, a-gain. I'm the only one awake, WIDE awake, so I'm keepin' Ma Bell happy by burning up the phone line.

Thank GAWD we're up here (for those NOT from Michigan, 'up here' means you are somewhere North, typically North of where you normally reside. See: Up North. 'Pop' is a beverage some call soda or coke.) It's been hotter than h-e-dubl-L the past week, and as soon as we got near the water the temps dropped a good 10 degrees or more. It's actually downright cool. If I sound a bit excited it's because we don't have A/C at home; and I turn into quite a grumpy grizzly bear once it starts getting over 90 during the day (and yes, it DOES stick to my fur!)

The double bonus was the JetSki ride after getting everything unpacked and eating lunch. After heading back to town to the launch, it was looking like rain and had clouded over with some wind. I forgot to pack my wetsuit, so I was starting to get a bit concerned that I could get hypothermic during the 20 minute ride back to the cottage. After launching (thanks, Wifey!!) I head out to round the point and go north; it's a bit choppy, but traffic is light and what traffic there is turns out to be mostly sail-ers. Round the point and North it is, open 'er up to 60 for a bit just to loosen up my sea legs. After a few good bumps my knees tell me to sit back down and act my age (I wish they made WD-40 for achey joints, what a pain!)

Being seated allows for some S-turns and general tom-foolery while I make my way to the Northernmost point, and when I near that point I realize that the wind has gone dead calm. Glass is coming! Feeling my oats, I pause to turn my cell phone on and taunt my brother about the conditions and the weather; he's back in the heat near where I live. HA-HA, SUCKER!

Glass makes for smooth, comfy riding; probably a good thing until my joints loosen up enough to let me take on some wave jumping and general thrashing later in the week. Until then there's plenty of rides to give the kids.

SO GOOD TO BE AWAY FROM THE OFFICE!

No comments: