Monday, May 02, 2005

Heard at the office today:

Girl behind me: Does anybody have an old computer keyboard at home I can have?

Girl next to me: Oh! I have one in the back of my car! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! I don't have the computer, ha-ha-ha, I just have the keyboard!

Girl behind me: That would be great! I spilled a cup of coffee on mine at home, and I've been trying to work with just the mouse. You don't know how hard it is to be on the internet and just copying/pasting to get the letters for an address. It took me forever.

Girl next to me: I can't believe that I just have the keyboard in the back of my car. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, I'm such a freak!


Why me, Lord? I'm trapped between these two vidiots, nearly every morning they waste at least 1/2 hour discussing last night's talent show or reality series. It's maddening, I tell ya! Girl next to me also has many aliases: Drama Queen, Trailer Trash, Know-it-All, Control Freak, Anything You Can Do I Can Do Betty, and my personal favorite: Barracuda. She can talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk until you pass out, and she'll keep right on going. No joke! She even talks to herself, a-lot. That's not including the mumbling (think 'The Hamburglar', but then juice the boy up on mega quantities of coffee.)

I imagine my life at the office is much like the poor saps in the movie "The Saw". I get up to leave for a few minutes, you know, "go for a walk." Still, I can't get away from her, she's managed to end-up in the same place.

God is a cruel, cruel being. Some days I lose the will to live.

6 comments:

Mike Todd said...

Jim, that reminds me -- I'm typing on a keyboard right now. Hahahaha. I'm such a freak!

Naughti Biscotti said...

Great story!!! Hamburglar...what a great analogy :)
I have also worked with someone like this, but I related her to the smurfs on acid. Different...but same.

Jim said...

Dudes- this is no joke. She's gonna drive me over the edge. Thanks for checking in, y'alls da bomb! And shandi, are Smurfs on acid something you envision, or watched while trippin'? Gotta party with that one. . .

Naughti Biscotti said...

Haahhh....glad I came back to read this. Still laughing. If you think I'm da bomb now, you SHOULD see me when I'm trip'n.
Let me get this right....pink elephants while drinking....blue Smurf while trip'n. What do you think I'd have to do to see purple goblins or orange oompa loompas???

Jim said...

I thought Oompa Loompas WERE orange! Come to think of it, if you're trippin', and the Smurfs are on acid, does that mean that everything's just fine?

Naughti Biscotti said...

Rest assured!! All is well with the world. Well...at least MY world...it sure beats the hell out of reality.
Now stop with the philosophy and pass the pipe will ya.
BTW: You should see this song I'm listening to. :-)