Monday, August 08, 2005

Peter Jennings: Dead at 67

Wow, that was quick. Eerily quick. Diagnosed in April, died 4 months later. My Aunt was also diagnosed in April and died on August 12th.

I was all set to talk about how I wasn't a fan of his, etc., but that similarity hit me square on the head with a gong-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g (<<< That's meant to bring to your mind the continuing ringing you hear after banging a really big gong.) He was a fellow human being who suffered an unfortunate sickness and death, and that's too bad.

I'll leave the "kicking them when they're down (or worse)" to Rush. Ten bucks says he loses track of good sense tomorrow and either a) celebrates Peter's demise or b) makes some sort of ill-timed wisecrack. You heard it here first.

R.I.P.

1 comment:

Alex Pendragon said...

I used to listen to Rush for comic relief. Not that anything he said made any rational sense, but because everything he said was a perfect example of how easy it is to twist something till it sounds good to a conservatives limited way of thinking. Once it was revealed that he was just another junky, I went back to listening to NPR, tired of giving any more of my precious listening time to another hypocrite.