Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Don't look now, but it's an update

Wow, has it been TOO LONG.

And you have my apologies.

How's my friend doing? JUST DAMN AWESOME. Although he did lose his thumb (too little bone remained after they took the biopsy) his prognosis is excellent. And due to the miracle of surgery, he isn't out a thumb- they moved his index finger over so he has a thumb again. It was a bit scary for a number of months as it was not showing any signs of growth where the bones come together. Finally, it's just growing like a weed. Thank GOD, Yahweh, Muhammed and Tiny Tim, too.

School started, but we didn't do the annual take-the-children-out-for-breakfast-on-the-first-day thing because Favorite Son starts at 7:25 now.

MSU is 3-0. UofM is 1-2. ND is 0-3. Tigers are not looking very good right now.

OUR KITCHEN IS IN SHAMBLES, and our house is full of dust. This hopefully will be over in 3 weeks if everyone stays on schedule.....

A position I lost-out on late last fall opened again because the loser couldn't handle it after 6 months. And I got the position. Now I wait for my replacement to be hired, then jump into damage control because the loser was a total hack and fouled up nearly every thing he touched.

Speaking of work, I traveled to Japan for a few days in May. Too short a trip, but it was a once-in-a-lifetime trip (due to late bookings: FIRST CLASS.) Oh, the spacious skies. I don't mean to be a prick, but I'll never see that part of an airliner again so let me gloat for just a moment.

Lake Michigan is still the holiest water on the planet. It's good medicine.

My Jet-Ski won't start. Wanna buy it? Let's make a deal.

My friend's wife filed for divorce. On his birthday. I think she's having a mid-life crisis, but unfortunately she's now going to subject her daughter to divorce for a second time and since she's 13 and entering middle school, well, you be the judge on how that will impact her.

I want to surf. Or that stand-on-a-surfboard-with-a-long-paddle thing.

Love you all. Gotta run

1 comment:

Webmiztris said...

she filed for divorce on his birthday? man, that's cold....