Monday, February 12, 2007

It wasn't me

Sometimes I can look quite handsome, you might even say "princely". But make no mistake about it: I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Smith.

And what's up with the Grammy folks? 5 for the Chicks? Have you actually LISTENED to that stuff? I mean come ON! How political can this be? For a second I thought I was watching the CMAs or somethin'. What are these awards for again? Courage, or talent? I thought it was for talent. These are the Grammys people, not the Nobel Prize, or Carnegie Medal for Heroism. Let's get our priorities straight and recognize talents, not just gutsy nuts from Texas.

Record of the Year? Maybe. The nominee list wasn't that strong, and "You're Beautiful" wasn't really James Blunt's best effort.
Album of the Year? No way. I'm sorry, but the rest of the pack simply blew this one away. All the Chick's tracks were consistently nasal and droning. Gnarls showed a ton of creativity, the Peppers featured an amazing number of hits from it's two (not one, count 'em, TWO) disc set.

I just don't get why they continue to try to award things in the most outlandish way they can. And another thing: could someone please explain to me how Gnarls Barkley is now "alternative"? Wha?

I have a cold.

1 comment:

Webmiztris said...

I'm convinced the Dixie Chicks blew their way to the top.

It's the ONLY way they could have won all those Grammys, because their music is crap.