Saturday, June 17, 2006

Holy Jayzus, where have I been?

Honestly, the plain old, filthy truth is that I've been right here, but wallowing in self-pity at how busy I feel.

Maybe it's not busy, rather more like tired. The kind of tired that makes you want to sleep as soon as you get home. Depression? No, can't be. What do I have to be so depressed about? EXACTLY! So, it's not depression. One of the gifts of ADHD is that you're terrible at recall. So don't ask me to make a list of what it is that's had me so busy.

A bit of travel (OK, ONE trip to Charlotte, NC.) Spring soccer. Spring concert. Spring-klers. Yup, putting that total sign of surrender to forty-something in my lawn, a full-blown home-grown-homeowner-special sprinkler system. I'm too much of a cheapie to pay full price, so a friend helped me pull the lines and I've been playing "Digger" for two weeks. The good thing is all I have left to do at this point is wire to all the valves and then she's fully auto-magic.

The same friend (Life Long, at that) has been working on finishing his basement, so I've put some time in over there.

Wouldn't change any of it for ther world. . .

No comments: