Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A quick poll & some great news

Good News: Results are negative! Whattarelief! Long recovery ahead while her leg heals where things were removed, and the poor girl has 3 scars on her leg from the surgery. I just hope that's the only scars that result from this. I truly want to thank all of you for keeping fingers crossed and warm thoughts pointed her way. That fabled "kindness of strangers" is a great thing.

Poll:
Okay, I'm spoiled by a broadband connection and I know it. When traveling for work, I have to check e-mail and do my work duties through a dial-up connection and I grit my teeth the whole time. But this made me think (I know, a RARE occurrence!) What percentage of the visitors to my world here are coming via dial-up connections? I'm wondering if the hotcodez videos are annoying to you dial-uppers? If not a dial-upper, do they bother you anyway? Is there a cooler way to refer to the dial-uppers? I need some new slang.

Next question: How many of you are blogging while at work? Be honest, I promise not to tell!

6 comments:

Anna said...

I use broadband at home...and nothing at work. Imagine! It's a new project though, and they're promising us an internet connection of some description soon. Having said that, this is Ireland; soon is "differently defined" here.

Jim said...

So true, Dawn. When I have to dial-up, "Hated it!" is all I can think of.

Shan- Good luck, and soon. Whenever that may be.

Storm- Wireless as in cellular?? Isn't that expensive? Work from home- Lucky!

Signed-

Jealous

Jaime said...

So... I blog at work, but it's legal. :) Even my DSL gets caught up a bit when I open your blog due to the video but it's not bad. I can imagine if I had dial-up it would be impossible! When I go to my parents house, it's PAINFUL!

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

i blog at work...but only for two more days....then i will have to blog at home again.... :(

jenbeauty said...

Glad to hear your neice is doing well.

I have broadband, no dial up thank goodness!

Naughti Biscotti said...

Yeah, I blog at work. Trying to cut down. Now I am only reading blogs at work rather than writing and posting my own.